Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 6!

Tragedy in Japan:
The images that most affected me were the before and after photos Mrs. J posted. I didn't even realize that complete, entire communities were literally wiped off the map. Where there were once a large suburb area, is now empty strips of land. It's simply unbelievable. The story about the dog was pretty cool too. No one really realizes how much our animals love us. Before today's viewings I really didnt know alot about the quake in Japan except that there will potentially be lots of radiation and that the damage is severe. I recently watched a TV show that talked about the quake in Japan and how next there will be a quake just like the one in Japan or maybe worse hitting the south side of the United States. A similar type of quake is forming along the Californian coast. If that happens, our country will go into chaos mode. I heard on the news that the people in Japan have remained claim and structured all through these terrible times. That amazes me because here in America, we dont handle tragedy well. Everyone freaks out and loses all sence of the law. I would hope that we could learn something from these people and this disaster because we never know when tragedy could strike us.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked what you had to say about the quake in japan. I agree with what you said completely. Good job Alyson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, the pictures really made me realize what is happening over there. I never really watch the news but because of what is happenign over there i'm realling interested. I really want to help them in some way. LOVE YOU ALZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pictures are so intense on how much water affected japan. i agree on how they're all calm and handling everything well, to where if it were to happen to us like it happened to them we'd all be running around screaming and crying for help. bless you al ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the before and after photos. it is so shocking to see land just being decimated. I also LOVED the story about the dog, I love dogs.

    ReplyDelete