Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 7!

MY TOP 5 SITES I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT!
1.) Facebook- my most visited site when I'm bored and have nothing to do. This site also keeps me connected with my friends.
2.) Google- I use this site for almost everything. I use this to spell check words I dont know how to spell to getting directions. I love Google.
3.) WebMD- I tend to be a hypochondriac sometimes. So I visit this site for that and too look up things for my medical occupations class.
4.) Yahoo- My mom and i share an e-mail address when I need one so I visit this to check my e-mails
5.) Pandora- I listen to music all the time when I'm just browsing the web and I find new songs on this site also.


10 Ideas That Will Change the World
1.) Relax: You Don't Need to Worry About Meeting E.T. - I choose this article simply because I think space is one of the most amazing things anyone could even try to think about. The universe is so massive it could give anyone a headache trying to think about how large it is. There was one quote in the entire article that I felt I had the most connection too. Paul Davies said, "There's certainly a lot of real estate out there, but habitable is not the same as inhabited," he says. "I have no idea what turns non life into life. I get irritated by people who say life can emerge in earth like conditions." This, I feel, is the number one mistakes our scientists make while looking for life on other planets. Just because somethings are alive on our planet doesn't mean that other things can't survive on a different planet under a different condition...

2.) How Stem Cells Are Changing the Way We Think About Disease - Stem cells are awesome. I really hope the major development of stem cells happens in my lifetime. If stem cells can create health, why would anyone have to die a natural death? And if no one would have to die from a natural death, why couldn't we use the stem cells to help us stay young? These are all questions discussed everyday by scientist and I can help but wonder when all this talk will be but into use. This topic effects every single one of us. That blows my mind that this kind of science can be used. If this is possible, what else can be possible in the next hundred years?

3.) Sweet Bird of Youth! The Case For Optimism - I feel everyone under estimates youth. Being young and in power is an amazing pair. As part of this world's youth, I love how much I am able to do just in my own community to help out. A perfect example of youth making a difference in the world is Invisible Children. That foundation is completely run my our nations youth. Its unbelievable how much the youth impacts our life every single day. More young people are choosing to work instead of staying home and having children which is causing a large growth in our economy. This generations power and the next will only keep growing. The youth as a whole are very passionate about how they feel and will do anything to stand up for what is right.

1 comment:

  1. yea i agree with the sites but what about youtube..and nba.com and nfl.com jk but i will miss youtube out of all of them if it left because thats the best website i dont care tomuch about facebook it starting to get borning but i agree...

    ReplyDelete